The Laureate's Coast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Artful Log (updated every so often)

5 posters

Go down

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Empty The Artful Log (updated every so often)

Post  The Artful Lost Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:48 pm

I might as well just keep one thread for the things I make, as to not clutter up with each one I do. And so, without further ado-

Title: Our World, Divided
The Artful Log (updated every so often) Ourworlddivided2er5

"I met her in the solemn lake ground of the lacuna, quietly humming to herself a tune that would attract any passerby. I had nothing more than the thirst to have her on my lips, horrified in the aspects of what would become of her. I was the wolf to the straying lamb, more than prepared to do what was necessary to keep myself alive. I approached her bluntly, aware that she may run, but that would make the chase seem even more appeasing. In moments, it would be over- I would be hungry no more and her soul would have just been yet another victim to the unfortunate "wrong place at the wrong time". I slowly approached her, slipping behind her in a great darkness. She turned horrified at my presence... yet did not run. I stood fully in sadistic glee, wondering if she would fall to her knees in plea of mercy or simply give into shock...

".... t-that's a nice cloak..." she said.
".......... thank you?" I utter back, confused as any other would be.

It seemed strange enough. I lost my cravings to devour the life of this woman. Was I utterly dumbfounded by her reaction of my presence or was I just caught off guard?

It seems now that it wouldn't be important any longer. Today, now two years swiftly gone... she has been with me ever since. This world that I have accepted and submitted to seems... broken- divided, if you will. Her presence brings about change, a soothing luminence that one can not find, even if scouring the moon for it's lunar magnitudes. And she... she seems drawn to the origins of where I have been, my travels and my tightly wound past.

It is here, in the grassy meadows over looking the mountains that blockade the sky's horizon, that she peered into my world and I to hers. And it was then that I realized... we could not leave either world alone.

We have created... Our World... Divided."

-The Artful Lost, Chapter 43: Premonitions Of Fates

A & N
January 2, 2006

The Artful Lost

Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Graphic Designer, Gaming Enthuisiast, PC Geek, Aging Poet
Registration date : 2008-03-15

http://theartfullost2005.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Empty Re: The Artful Log (updated every so often)

Post  love it Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 am

which softwear is this AL? I like how youve got the gold moon there farao

love it

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Empty Re: The Artful Log (updated every so often)

Post  The Artful Lost Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm

AL? I usually use Photoshop for my drawings alone, but I also used OpenCanvas to help along with the 'painter'ly effects. But 90% of this is Photoshop coloring, from start to finish.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:48 am

Artful Lost

I have photoshop, its fun but frustrating because i cannot seem to get a straight line! is there a tool for straight lines on photoshop like there is on ms paint??

love it

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:24 pm

love it wrote:Artful Lost

I have photoshop, its fun but frustrating because i cannot seem to get a straight line! is there a tool for straight lines on photoshop like there is on ms paint??

Ooh... I get it now.
And yes, you can use the pen tool (P) or the line tool.

The pen tool will let you create open or closed shapes. You can fill a closed shape by rightclicking and selecting 'Fill path' or stroke the path with 'Stroke path'. The stroke is defined by with offset tool you use (Pencil, Brush, Art History Brush, Stamp, etc.)

The line tool is paired with the rectangle, r. rectangle, ellipse, polygon, and the custom shape tool. It's under the Text tool (T) if you have CS2 or earlier. Hold shift to constrain the measurements to 90 degree angles. Then you can rightclick and either fill the line by selecting 'Fill path' or stroke the path with 'Stroke path'. Once again, the storke is defined by the offset tool you choose.

Alternately, you can draw a straight line with the brush tool by holding shift after you click and draw.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:02 pm

I. Detest. PHOTOSHOP!

*goes psycho*

I HATE IT WITH A PASSSIIIOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!

*becomes Hulk*

RAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWWW

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
Admin

Number of posts : 207
Job/hobbies : Poetry, Psychology, Ribbons

https://laureatescoast.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:02 pm

What?! 9000?!

You just need to give it more of a chance, Jenn. ^-^; You've only used it a little from what I've heard you talk about. And it's quite easy. I learned from just a few tutorials and playing around with the tools and effects. I won't say I've mastered the program, but I'm getting better with each time I open it. (except for the times I open it, get distracted and then close it to save some RAM speed.)

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:26 pm

=\ i think i have a different version of photoshop scratch

love it

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Sketch 4-12-08
The Artful Log (updated every so often) Sketchies4708im8

Title: I dunno... Kiss with turpentine?

I just want tp make things right. Make up for what I could not before. It'ss gonna take a lifetime to make that pout a smile.

"She's just a girl... a girl... a girl you want."

Oh yeah... what I'm supposed to be working on, but my current computer can't handle.

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Womanifestdestinywip1up2.th

Title: wo-MANIFEST DESTINY 2

Following the path of Miang Okimura, the fated 4th princess of the Isura Dynasty.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm not really into Manga comic type stuff; ive tried doing more stylised drawing but it seems to go against my nature. I did once draw an angel trying to use the rules of manga-style but i think i was fighting it all the way Razz i will try and find it and upload. You deffo have it down tho.

love it

Back to top Go down

Post  Ina Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:57 pm

wow artful...jesus...your art is so striking...

have you done comics? like written comics? i mean you write and draw...fuse and BOOM!

Ina

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:38 pm

love it wrote:I'm not really into Manga comic type stuff; ive tried doing more stylised drawing but it seems to go against my nature. I did once draw an angel trying to use the rules of manga-style but i think i was fighting it all the way Razz i will try and find it and upload. You deffo have it down tho.
It's either you do it or you don't. You could always try painting surrealism or just random shapes and things. You don't have to go into Manga/Anime.

Example:
The Artful Log (updated every so often) Littlehideux5

Title: Little Hide

Based on part life/ part Snow Patrol Lyrics.

Ina wrote:wow artful...jesus...your art is so striking...

have you done comics? like written comics? i mean you write and draw...fuse and BOOM!
Comics... I can probably do a page or so until I lose interest or get dissatisfied with it. I've tried, believe me. I get irritated sometimes drawing the same thing over and over again till I make modifications to the character and then it no longer seems coherent with the original idea. And I think too much about things, I wouldn't know where to start and where it would go. So I do short comics, 4-komas, 4 panel jokes, etc.

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Halfstripninjaglompck5
Title: OSWWT # 2: Half-strip Ninja Glomp

They don't take long, are pretty much quick to do and just are fun to make with an obvious joke. Razz

Next up, some pixel art step-by-step.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:22 am

heehee thats cute ^

I would v much like to be able to use my photoshhop softwear successfully but i cant seem to get along with the...distance of it...you know what i mean? i like the feel the media in my hands else i find it dissatisfying...frustrating. It would help if my mouse was a bit smoother. I did have a laser one but it broke.

love it

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:40 am

Ah, you mean the move from traditional to digital. I had the same trouble as well, but just kept trying it. Getting a drawing tablet really helped me get the "pen to paper" feel while actually working with the computer. I mean, I still work with paper sometimes and just scan in my work, taking it from there to lineart and coloring.

It just takes some time, maybe a $200 (Gawd...) accessory to mimic the feel of pen and paper to your computer screen. Maybe I should show some of my handiwork from a couple scans.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 am

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Coldersilencegd6

Title: Colder Silence (tentative)

Blue 0.7 & Graphite 0.5 pencil lead. I prefer mech pencils over the traditional B's and H's.

What I'm working on so far...
The Artful Log (updated every so often) Lightaeriasq4.th

Title: Aeria

Tinkering around with some things in PS like belnding options and filters. Over 50+ layers to this thing on a 3200x2400 px with 300dpi page. Vista-like warp swirls and some tweaks later (and shrunken down to 1600x1200)- viola! This! I like it.... and hate it. I wanted something darker for my deskstop.

The Artful Log (updated every so often) Elimentiumv25wallpaperjd9.th

Title: Elimentium v2.5 Wallpaper

Simple, dark, and it flows well with my system's theme. By the way, Elimentium is my computer's official name, a part of the E-Core series.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:54 pm

Some vector/vexel art on my other alias of ReqWeuS (RWS, for short).

The Artful Log (updated every so often) 22brandnewflavazw4.th

Title: 22

'a.k.a. "Brand New Flava"

The Japanese text reads "Giant Robot Anime Coke".

I'm hoping to advance some coloring and get some fully done pieces soon... in due time.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:59 pm

And finished.
http://www.pic-hoster.com/images/lnkeht4j74s0ou8edkxf.jpg

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Divya Jyoti Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:43 am

you know bro.. you're getting so darn good.. i wonder at times if you even make these.. or if anyone makes these.. absurd but seems simpler to imagine they just came into existence.. these pics.. on their own.

Honest.

Divya Jyoti

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://wordvoice.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:27 pm

"If you do not think a thought, does it still exist?"

That's the only thing that came to mind for me. But thanks, sis. I am trying to improve more with coloring than actually drawing. It's fun to draw, it's only 1/4th of the entire task. Finishing it up, with all my alterations... bah, I was at this for MONTHS (aside from waiting for my new computer).

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum