The Laureate's Coast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking

Go down

Walking Empty Walking

Post  love it Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:47 am

She'd walked all the way; a heat filled, breathing thing, the light eating into her flesh; the colourless, jabbering light.
“We can survive anything, but ourselves”. Was it something she'd read or just thought? It kept repeating ‘til it began to bubble from fish mouths, from their hook-seeing eyes.
The sun hit a bone. She quickened her feet, imagining a sun-god shovelling tiny, dry bones into its furnace and the ash filled grooves of the sky. She saw Kali, her skin a star-bed, charging into a vein on tiger paws. ‘Too late’ she thought,’ the corner was coming straight for her ‘ Kali, I would climb over my flesh to be you’. She turned into the road, into an astonishment of heart; a 24 story shutter silenced the sun. Dead. She felt her feet burning in her shoes for the first time. And there she was, a tongue-less bell looking down at an earth full of stopped hearts. Somebody swished past – an inch from her nose.
She began to look into faces, hands; their slow-fast rituals. An ancient drunk had taken root on the step in front of her; his mind rolling out of his head like black pennies. His mouth stopped moving and his face became smooth and clean:
‘I was once a boy. When I went to war I didn’t have a mark on me, not a mark on me’ she didn’t move. ‘Go on’ He stared straight for her.
‘I’m going to take the stairs’ she thought.
‘You like walking? then it might as well be in the other direction. Sweetheart, if you don’t take the lift youre going for the exercise or the view’ He started chuntering again.
She shook off her shoes and felt her soles firm on the cool marble. She took a deeper breath.

love it

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Walking Empty Re: Walking

Post  love it Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 am

I wouldnt mind some feedback. Anything really.

love it

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum